To investigate “car habitat” and other signs for climate change.
How many carbon-emitting cars park on your block?
How much local food is grown on your block?
Whether your roof is suitable for solar panels?
1. How many cars are on your block? Total:
2. How many cars are electric, hybrid vehicles, or carshares (eg. Modo)?
% of sustainable cars on your block Simply divide your Q2 answer by Q1.
3. How many are riding bikes in/through your block?
1. How many households have gardens (planted areas with shubs and/or trees) on your block?
2. How many households are growing food?
% of food gardens on your block? Simply divide your Q2 answer by Q1.
3. What is the most commonly grown vegetable on your block?
1. How many buildings have solar panels on their roofs?
Count the number of buildings with solar panels.
2. How many buildings have roofs suitable for solar energy?
Count the number of buildings with south-facing roofs large enough for solar panels.